Monday, September 7, 2009

Life Book II to begin Sept. 14th

You would not believe all the things that have happened since my last post rescheduling Life Book for today!

Just a brief rundown so you know my frame of mind:
Friday, Aug. 28th - my sister's husband died/trip to Mansfield to stay with her
Monday, Aug. 31st - while preparing to go to the funeral home for calling hours, my dad had a stroke and was life flighted to Cleveland Clinic
Monday, Aug. 31st - 3 miles from the exit for Cleveland Clinic on Rt. 90, my car broke down!
Monday - Thursday - stayed by my Dad's bedside in Intensive Care around the clock, taking turns with other family members, all while taking care of my Mom who is also in poor health
Friday, Sept. 4th - My Dad was transferred from Cleveland Clinic to a local Rehab hospital near his home (which is 2 hours from my home). While waiting to hear that he had arrived, my husband called to say that his aunt died.
Saturday, Sept. 5th - borrowed my Mom's car to drive home to avoid driving the car that broke down - my Mom's car broke down 1 hr. from home! DH came to pick me up. When I finally got home, my sister called to say they were taking my Dad back to emergency for something that suddenly came up. Thankfully, things checked out OK and they took him back to the rehab hospital.

So, today I'm resting, then Tuesday and Wednesday, we have calling hours and funeral for DH's Aunt. I'm so thankful for all of his support. He's been working full time (from home), taking care of 6 kids (I had our oldest DD with me), helping them with their school work and handling meals (thank God I had done my monthly cooking and had 30 meals in the freezer!)

Anyway, when I rescheduled Life Book, I wasn't thinking clearly enough to realize that today was Labor Day. I talked it over with Theresa, the CT Leader at Heritage Scrap, and we decided that since today is the unofficial "last day of Summer" here in the U.S. and many of us are enjoying the day off with family, we will once again postpone the start of Life Book II for NEXT Monday, Sept. 14th (barring any other crisis!)

I'm so sorry for all the confusion! I will post next Monday with all the details and the link for the Life Book Chat. Have a great day and enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, Vicki! I am so sorry you have been going through all this. I was praying for you but had no idea the enemy was sending so much after you. Hope things settle down soon.
    Micki

    ReplyDelete